Department of Applied Physics
University Of Calcutta

92, APC Road Kolkata 700009 West Bengal, India

Alumni Association


Important Links


Contact Us



replica watches

Origin of the Department

The introduction of Postgraduate Courses in Applied Sciences was felt to be a basic essential for an integrated approach to the teaching of science in the University of Calcutta as early as 1913 by Sir Rash Behari Ghosh, one of the brightest luminaries and eminent jurist of his time. On August 8, 1913, Sir R. B. Ghosh wrote a letter to Sir Asutosh Mukherjee placing in the heads of the University his munificent gift of rupees ten lakhs "for the promotion of Science, Pure and Applied. A few years later in 1919, Sir R. B. Ghosh addressed another letter to then Vice-Chancellor, Sir Niliratan Sircar, placing at the disposal of the University of Calcutta another princely gift of the sum of rupees eleven lakhs and forty-three thousand, to be utilized exclusively for the purpose of technological instruction and research. >>more>> replica watches


Upcoming Events


Distinguished Lecture Programme of the IEEE Instrumentation & Measurement Society on August 27, 2016.


The department had highly capable laboratories from its inception. With development of time and growth of technologies, the existing laboratories were renovated and new facilities were installed....more>>

Events Photo Gallery

 Edit Profile (Faculty Members Only)